6 Ways To Analyze Your SEO Performance With Semalt
Table of Contents
- WHY ANALYZE SEO PERFORMANCE?
- ANALYZE WHAT MATTERS
- TOP 6 WAYS TO ANALYZE YOUR SEO PERFORMANCE
- HOW TO IMPROVE THE SEO RANKING OF A WEBSITE?
- FINAL WORDS
Optimization of a website as per search engines leads to higher search results ranking, improved visibility, increased traffic, amplified sales, and rising profits. It is true, but you get all this only by regularly analyzing your SEO performance.
Yes, it is quite challenging to sustain and succeed in the digital world if you do not measure your SEO performance regularly.
Why Analyze SEO Performance?
Most business/ website owners think that SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a one-time event. All they do is hire the services of a digital marketing agency, get their website optimized according to search engines, and relax.
Unfortunately, this does not bring them the expected results. Do you know why?
Not understanding things like "SEO is the stepping stone to success" or "the overall SEO process" obstructs website owners/ businesses from getting desired results. They should note that SEO is not a one-time event but an ongoing process.
It is well-understood that the rules set by search engines for companies, competitors, and markets change and evolve constantly.
In the last few years also, you might have noticed a lot of updates in the algorithms of Google has impacted the appearance of websites on search results.
To improve ranking in search results, you should regularly analyze your SEO performance and check whether SEO efforts made by you are in harmony with those rules or not.
Today, this article is going to help you understand the top 6 ways to analyze your SEO performance.
Analyze What Matters
When it comes to measuring the SEO performance of your website, Semalt experts suggest measuring things that matter the most.
It is because the SEO process can trap you in useless metrics. Sometimes you might not require them, or sometimes they show misleading results.
You may see a rise in organic traffic, but that traffic tends to be low-quality. For example, people visit your site through search results but leaves it immediately. You got it right, high bounce rate.
Top 6 Ways to Analyze Your SEO Performance
1. Content Coding
Websites lead to the flow of information via web pages. There are some guidelines and rules that need to be followed not only during coding of these pages but also while placing content on them. Doing so helps in improving the website's search engine ranking and maximizing its reach.
These guidelines and rules are mostly about how well the page code's structure explains search engines about the importance of content.
Whether it is the title, excerpt, headings/ subheadings, or other things of a webpage, they must be coded proficiently so that search engines notice it.
To analyze the SEO performance of your website, you must check the content-coding. Not only this, but you should also check keyword-related things. For example, whether the page contains relevant keywords and the right keyword density.
When a lot of websites link back to a specific website, search engines realize that site as a resource crucial and helpful to others.
The algorithm Google uses for evaluating backlinks is PageRank. Google gives all sites indexed by it a PageRank score. The number of backlinks a website gets influences this score, which eventually impacts the rank of a website in search results.
PageRank has an impact on the ranking of other websites also. For example, your website will rank higher if it gets a backlink from another site having a high PageRank score.
The links coming from websites with a higher PageRank are also known as high-quality backlinks. And getting these links is essential for appearing on the top of search results.
Do you know that the PageRank of some of the Social Media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, is very high? So, do not forget to share your content and get backlinks from these platforms.
One should check different things about backlinks while analyzing SEO performance. The most important being the number of backlinks and their quality.
3. Relevancy of Keywords
Some technical indicators help search engines determine the value of a webpage. If something is beyond them, it is the keyword.
Content publishers and website owners use Google Trend, Google AdWords, and other tools to find keywords relevant to a product or service searched most in search engines.
The content on a website is said to be perfect if it is prepared after a proper understanding of relevant keywords and their ability to drive traffic.
So, keywords play a crucial role in the SEO performance of a website. They should be relevant and attractive but shouldn't be abused or overused.
4. Content Update Regularity
A website should have content if it has to appear on search results. But its ranking on SERPs depends on the quality as well as quantity of content.
You might have seen that content on specialized blogs revolves around specific keywords and themes. Search engines consider those blogs as a resource useful for people searching for relevant keywords.
When you publish useful content on a specialized website regularly, it becomes the competitive repository of keywords and content. Whenever new pieces of content are published, search engines get the notification, and they learn that the website is active.
To analyze the SEO performance of a website, you should check whether content on it is regularly updated or not. Search engines, realizing that your site is active, will improve its rank on search results.
5. Through Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free tool anybody can use to find a lot of things related to the SEO performance of a website.
Google Search Console can help you in the following ways:
- To explore keyword-related data. Recent Google updates do not let you see all the organic keyword-related data, but you can access a lot of it via Search Console.
- To check your website's speed. After the Hummingbird update, a website's load speed is vital for SEO. With the help of Google's PageSpeed Insights, you can find in how much time your website's content loads.
- To find the broken pages of a website. Sometimes users cannot access some pages (broken pages) of a site. When this happens, you may lose traffic as well as potential customers. Search Console notifies about broken pages and allows you to fix them quickly.
- To analyze the link profile. With Search Console, you can evaluate valuable data related to the backlinks your website is getting.
- To learn about any HTML improvements. Sometimes, Google encounters issues while indexing a site. Search Console lets you know about issues like duplicate title tags, meta descriptions, and others.
6. Website Analytics from Semalt
Out of all the ways, it is the easiest and most comprehensive way to analyze your SEO performance.
Just visit the Website Analytics page of Semalt, and try it for FREE. You'll get enough information to decide whether you want to continue or not.
By now, more than a million websites have been analyzed by this tool. The owners of those sites have benefitted a lot from the comprehensive results produced by this tool.
Besides analyzing the SEO performance of your website, this tool offers some additional features as well. For example:
- It monitors the position of your website. The analytical information provided by this tool helps with a lot of things like effective utilization of keywords, dealing with the corresponding keywords links, etc.
- It monitors the position of your competitors. It lets you know about the situation of your competitors in the market. With this information, you can prepare future strategies.
- It lets you discover new markets. The information provided by this tool opens new opportunities for the distribution of your products and services or your brand's development in new countries.
These are not all. The Website Analytics tool does many other things to help a business not only rank higher in search results but also succeed over its competitors.
How to Improve the SEO Ranking of a Website?
If you go through the Internet Trends of 2020, you'll find them changing. What looked promising yesterday does not work on your website's favor today. This change directly affects SEO performance.
While analyzing the SEO performance of your website, you may come across many things affecting its rank in SERPs. Semalt experts suggest the following to improve a website's SEO ranking:
- Develop and publish high-quality content.
- Enhance the load speed of your website/ webpage.
- Use header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to break up the content on your webpage.
- Make sure there are inbound as well as outbound links on your webpage. It would be good if they are of high-quality and used efficiently.
- Optimize the images on your website.
- The text is not enough. Make sure your webpage has images, infographics, videos, etc. to provide information and gather attention at the same time.
- Check for broken links. If there are any, fix them.
- Make sure your website is optimized according to mobile devices.
- For improving the SEO performance, it is essential to format a webpage properly. It should be clear, neat, uncluttered, and organized.
- Use keywords efficiently in content, meta description, alt text, and other places.
- Make sure the URLs of your site are focused, clean, and optimized.
By analyzing the SEO performance of a website, you get an understanding of things essential to achieve a higher rank in search results.
You can never find about Google's way of seeing your site, but analysis of SEO performance shows you a direction.
If you seriously want your website to appear first for relevant search queries, make sure the analysis is done professionally.